Monday, February 4, 2013
CEDA Seeks Director of Energy and Conservation
Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County (CEDA) Seeks Director of Energy and Conservation
Description: CEDA’s Weatherization Program is the nation’s largest Home Energy Conservation program in the nation. We are looking for a Director to maintain responsibility for the leadership and direction of all aspects of CEDA’s Weatherization Assistance Program, to exceed compliance requirements set by industry standard, local, state and federal regulations and funding source requirements including: the WX grant application, budgeting, production, reporting, and contractor, client and community relations. Administers and coordinates the Weatherization Program with other CEDA programs and services, external agencies, community groups and funding sources.
· Lead efforts to submit annual grant application, develop annual program budget, operational plans and objectives.
· Manage all program operations to achieve production and quality objectives to exceed compliance requirements set by industry standard, local, state and federal regulations and funding source requirements:
· Establish effective processes to provide services, manage operations, control and approve payments and expenditures;
· Manage annual program close-out process;
· Negotiate and manage agency contracts with vendors and approved contractors;
· Coordinate with CEDA’s Procurement Department regarding Weatherization material specifications to ensure the highest quality at the lowest cost, timely purchase orders for materials, and that a perpetual inventory system is developed and maintained;
· Lead and initiate process improvements to enhance program operations.
· Lead efforts to establish and maintain positive external relationships and provide effective client service with funding sources, regulatory agencies, contractors, vendors, clients and the community:
· Investigate, respond to and resolve all consumer complaints;
· Coordinate and conduct community assessments with agency Program Directors;
· Work with Energy Services and other CEDA/non-CEDA programs on activities concerning energy.
· Lead and manage the staffing, development and performance of all department employees:
· Ensure that all employees are technically qualified;
· Establish and maintain training and technical assistance as needed;
· Establish and maintain appropriate professional and industry association memberships and participation in workshops and conferences;
· Encourage management and staff to achieve quality work early in the process.
· Ensure program compliance and reporting requirements are met:
· Ensure that applicant filing system maintains all completed and verified required forms;
· Ensure quality control of assessment and the contracting process to reduce and minimize callbacks, corrections and adverse findings;
· Develop appropriate reports for the President/CEO, Vice President of Programs, Board of Directors, other CEDA Programs and funding source organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and abilities:
· Proven track record managing multiple simultaneous construction projects;
· Demonstrable success leading and managing a team of over fifty (50) employees;
· Demonstrable success in complex program administration in a decentralized, technology-driven environment;
· Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills proven in a wide range of settings with people of all backgrounds;
· Proficiency coordinating and collaborating with other internal departments as well as various external agencies, community groups and funding sources with a demonstrated ability to build partnerships, alliances and coalitions;
· Proficiency developing and implementing creative, innovative solutions to technological (e.g. building science), business and/or program challenges;
· Demonstrated skill developing management and staff subordinates as well as contractors in a team-based and collaborative environment;
· Ability to adapt to often rapid change.
· BA/BS Degree, Public Administration, Business, Construction, Engineering, Architecture or related discipline;
· Five (5) or more years of managing multiple simultaneous construction projects; and
· Five (5) or more years of leading and managing a team of over ten (10) employees.
· MS/MBA/MA Degree or licensed professional (Professional Engineer, Registered Architect or related);
· Energy and/or environmental certifications (Certified Energy Manager, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, etc.);
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in Weatherization, Energy Efficiency, Energy Conservation and/or sustainability programs or relevant social service operations with a minimum of 7 years of successful managerial experience;
• Five (5) or more years of leading and managing a team of over fifty (50) employees;
· In addition, the candidate must possess or acquire the following proficiencies:
o Must be certified by the State of Illinois or become certified after participating in training given by the State of Illinois and CEDA within six months of employment;
o Possess or acquire detailed knowledge of all the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) rules, regulations, procedures and grant award requirements regarding the Weatherization Assistance Program;
o Possess or develop knowledge of requirements for the Illinois Low Income Home Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and other private sector, state and federal programs in the areas of Housing and Energy which have relevance to the effective operation of the Weatherization Program;
o Knowledge of federal legislation, regulations, procedures and Office of Management and Budget circulars related to Weatherization Assistance or related to Weatherization Assistance or related programs.
Travel: Extensive throughout Cook County service area, including City of Chicago and to Springfield and other Illinois locations to attend training and funding source meetings. Nation-wide travel to attend and participate in Weatherization-related conferences. Automobile with valid driver’s license and insurance required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested applicants should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the email address below. Closing date for resumes is February 15, 2013.
Human Resources Dept.